The Undergraduate Certificate in Public Administration Leadership is a fast-track certificate program designed to hone student skills teach the subtle intricacies of the public sector.
With a certificate in public administration leadership, students will learn to:
- Analyze the social, economic, political, environmental, labor, agricultural, health, technical, educational, immigration, security and other issues which have become endemic to today’s rapidly evolving government and nonprofit sectors
- Determine what innovative techniques make public service delivery more effective, efficient, economical, responsive, transparent, predictable and participatory.
- Undergraduate certificate program applicants must submit official transcripts documenting that they have been awarded the equivalent of high school diplomas from approved institutions. Students who have earned 12 semester units or 18 quarter units or more from regionally accredited U.S. institutions must submit complete official transcripts detailing this coursework.
- Certificate students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Official test score reports or other proof of fulfillment of GGU’s English Language Proficiency Admission Requirement are required for all applicants whose native language is not English.
Please note that some courses taken as part of certificate programs will have prerequisites. These prerequisites must be satisfied (through transfer of equivalent coursework or through taking the courses at Golden Gate) before the certificate courses can be completed.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Public Leadership requires completion, with a “C” average or better, of the following 18 units at Golden Gate. For further information, refer to Admission to Certificate Programs and Registering for Open Enrollment.