The Graduate Certificate in Accounting Data & Analytics is designed to prepare students in identifying how technologies are used in the accounting profession to automate business processes to create and improve organizational efficiencies. The courses in this certificate will cover a variety of topics including using programming to manipulate data, robotic process automation, cloud-based computing, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. Additionally, students will use research techniques to validate data and work with visualization tools to communicate findings.
- Applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US institution or the equivalent from a recognized foreign (outside the US) institution, and provide official transcripts.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must meet the English Language Proficiency Admission Requirements.
- Certificate students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- To apply for certificate programs, students should submit an admission application and fee.
Important Note: Graduate certificate admission is limited to domestic students. Students that plan to study on an F or J Visa may apply to graduate programs only.
All courses must be completed at Golden Gate University with a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00 (“B” average) or better in courses taken at Golden Gate University that are applicable to the program’s requirements.
Course prerequisites are indicated in the course description for each course and must be satisfied prior to enrolling in a given course. Prerequisites may be satisfied through transfer of equivalent coursework from external institutions or by taking the courses at GGU.
Students who successfully complete this certificate program will be able to:
- Apply accounting information to create reports and analyze financial data for use in a business setting.
- Utilize accounting tools and technologies to evaluate financial information and data and to create strategies to solve problems.
- Communicate data trends and outliers using a variety of approaches and tools such as Excel and Tableau to help end users make effective decisions.
- Select and apply a combination of analytical tools to access databases or data sets for tax and accounting applications.
- Communicate and assess how robotic process automation, cloud-based computing, machine learning, artificial intelligence and other tools are used to improve organizational efficiencies and managerial decision-making.
- Use and apply accounting standards and research findings to transaction fact patterns, and evaluate and communicate those results in a concise and logical manner.