Giving to GGU
Like the gold-rushers who journeyed to San Francisco back in the early 1900s for a better way of life, GGU has provided educational opportunities for 121 years that have transformed and empowered the professional success and personal lives of almost 70,000 graduates.
Philanthropic support of GGU enhances the university’s ability to prepare the next generation of leaders to imagine, anticipate, create, and make a difference in a dynamic and unpredictable world. Gifts from alumni, faculty, staff, parents, friends, and students help to increase the interest, involvement, and investment in the mission and impact of Golden Gate University. GGU’s future remains bright because it is built on our Five Pillars of Excellence:
- Innovation for Working Professionals – The world needs innovative leaders more than ever. As the global challenges we face become more complex, it is vital that tomorrow’s leaders come from all backgrounds. Your gifts enable GGU to create innovative academic and career-focused programs that provide the flexibility that working students need while completing their degrees or professional certificates.
- Respecting Individual’s Needs – Fifty-two percent of our students receive financial aid. GGU is committed to providing a transformative experience without burdening them with excessive debt. Your gifts close the gap between tuition and financial aid.
- Offering Practical Education – GGU degrees and certificate programs are grounded in a curriculum that has a sensible balance of theory and practice. Many of our faculty are industry leaders and experts in their fields. Your gifts allow us to attract and retain leaders who provide exceptional professional education for our students
- Prioritizing Diversity and Inclusion – GGU is dedicated to fostering a truly inclusive educational experience that embraces, understands, and supports every student. This pillar provides programmatic support for students from historically underrepresented groups. Your gifts create a learning environment in which students from all backgrounds can thrive.
- Specializing in Business, Law, and Public Services – These school-specific funds directly support the priorities of each professional school.
Ways to Give
- Give Online – It only takes a few minutes, and your gift can be put to use right away.
- Wire Transfer – Please email email@example.com for more information about donating via wire transfer.
- Write a Check – Make your check out to “Golden Gate University” and mail it to:
- Golden Gate University University Advancement
- 536 Mission Street, Suite 4306, San Francisco, CA 94105
- Please write the intended purpose of your gift on the check’s memo line.
- Stocks or Mutual Funds – GGU works with Goldman Sachs & Co., LLC as its primary broker for gifts of stock or mutual funds. For instructions on making a gift of securities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matching Gifts – Double or triple the impact of your gift by clicking here to see if your (or your spouse/partner’s) company has a matching gift program.
- The tax identification number for Golden Gate University is 94-1585735.
- Recurring Gifts – Monthly gifts enable you to make a larger gift during the course of the year than you might be able to make at one time. Go to our Secure Online Form to set up monthly credit card gifts in the amount of your choice.
- Estate Gifts & Gift Annuities – A charitable bequest is one of the easiest ways you can leave a lasting impact on GGU. A gift annuity offers you a fixed income for life, a charitable deduction, and possible tax-free income.
- Establish a Current Use or Endowed Scholarship – Major gifts allow you to make a lasting impact at GGU by naming a current use or permanent scholarship. To learn how you can name a scholarship.