Program at a Glance
Executive Business Administration, EMBA
No GMAT or
Summer ’24 Early Application Deadline
Geared for Real-World Success
GGU’s Executive MBA is a demanding, transformational experience. Unlike many other “executive” programs, it is not a spin-off from a traditional MBA for full-time students.
Our EMBA program is based on 100+ years of proven success developing and delivering programs for working professionals, and was designed to leverage the real-world professional experience and knowledge of the EMBA participants with GGU’s renowned active and practice-based learning methods.
As you complete GGU’s 16-month Executive MBA program, you will gain confidence not only from advancing your knowledge of business and leadership concepts, but also from mastering and applying what you learn to boost your professional performance. The total cost for the EMBA program is $75,000.
From day one, you will have the opportunity to connect with a peer group of accomplished, high-energy professionals, in the heart of San Francisco’s thriving business district. You will join an active alumni community that is 68,000-strong, and you will benefit from a network of corporate partnerships and entrepreneurs that GGU has forged during its 115-year history in the center of this world-changing business hub.
As a participant in the EMBA program, you will collaborate with and learn from executive coaches and instructors who are influential business leaders and who transform GGU classes into dynamic learning laboratories. More than 80% of our EMBA faculty members are scholar-practitioners, and they will constantly challenge you to enhance your business knowledge and hone your leadership skills by solving real, meaningful and practical business problems.
- Applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US institution or the equivalent from a recognized foreign (outside the US) institution, and provide official transcripts.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must meet the English Language Proficiency Admission Requirements.
- Applicants should also submit:
- A written statement of purpose explaining the applicant’s interests in how the executive MBA program will benefit their career.
- A detailed resume showing at least five years of full-time work experience with three years at the managerial or professional level.
- A letter of recommendation from an officer of the applicant’s employment organization.
- Candidates will be contacted by the program director to schedule an interview upon receipt of all application documents.
- GMAT/GRE is not required.
- F1 Students are not eligible for the Executive Master of Business Administration degree.
Candidate will demonstrate his/her writing and English language proficiency by:
- Submitting a statement of purpose
- Submitting an additional writing sample
- Participating in an interview with the Program Director as part of the application process
GGU’s EMBA program is designed for busy professionals who recognize the value of applying their learning from day one. The program is delivered in a 16-month, accelerated cohort format, specifically designed to leverage the professional experience of EMBA students.
During the program’s four, 16-week trimesters, the cohort meets on GGU’s campus every other Saturday, where students are immersed in GGU’s renowned activity-based learning methodology. In between these on-campus sessions, EMBA students use GGU’s innovative eLearning platform to perform course work, connect and collaborate in teams and engage in groundbreaking discussions with classmates and faculty members.
Throughout the program, EMBA students also have access to a wide range of on-campus and online learning events — speakers, panels and workshops — that address current management and leadership topics, cases and challenges.