Mickey P. McGee, DPA
Professor of Public Administration
Director, Doctoral Program in Business Administration
Dr. McGee is an Professor, the Ageno School of Business, Golden Gate University. He teaches courses in the Executive Master of Public Administration and Doctor of Business Administration programs.
Dr. McGee grew up in Fairfield, California. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of California, Davis and his Master and Doctorate of Public Administration from Golden Gate University. In 2004, Mick was inducted into the Honorary Society of American Public Administrators for academic achievement. He and his wife Shelley, live in Monterey County with Zoe, a Scottish Terrier, Buddy, a Yellow Labrador Retriever and Cleopatra, a sweet kitten and new member of the family.
Dr. McGee is a retired US Army Officer serving in various combat infantry and cavalry assignments around the world including command of infantry, airborne, recruiting and armored cavalry units. His staff assignments include organizational effectiveness consultant; executive officer of infantry battalion deployed to the Persian Gulf; personal staff assistant to General Colin L. Powell and chief of training. After retirement from the US Army, Mick served in various positions including: Contract Transportation Manager at Monterey-Salinas Transit; Assistant Professor and Director, Operations and Assessments, Center for Executive Education (Center), Graduate School of Business and Public Policy, Naval Postgraduate School; and Vice-President, Talent Management, HSBC, North America.
Dr. McGee is a strong advocate for community partnerships and has served on several boards and committees including: the Monterey County Chapter of the American Red Cross; the Easter Seals Society of Monterey Bay; and the City of Pacific Grove Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Transition Plan and Compliance. A member of Leadership Monterey Peninsula since 1996, Mick provides free seminars on conflict management, effective communications and disability awareness to businesses and non- profit organizations.
MGT 345Context of Business
Research Interests & Areas of Specialization
- Public-Private Partnerships (P3)
- Performance Management
- Leadership & Strategic Executive Development
- Graduate Research in Public Management
- BA (government), UC Davis
- MPA, DPA, Golden Gate University
Professional & Teaching Experience
- 2009 – Present: Full-time Faculty, Golden Gate University,CA
- 2003 – 2009: Adjunct Faculty, Golden Gate University, CA
- Retired: US Army Officer, Commanded Airborne, Infantry and Cavalry Units
- Leadership Monterey Peninsula
- Monterey Chapter American Red Cross
- Easter Seals of Monterey County
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Doctoral Graduate, GGU 2003
- Numerous military awards and decorations for service