Richard "Rick" L. Dawe, PhD
Richard Dawe has taught undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral courses at GGU since 1995, beginning as an adjunct before joining the full time faculty in 1998. Dr. Dawe manages the Global Supply Chain Center at GGU that promotes student, faculty, alumni, and industry collaboration in this field.
Dr. Dawe had extensive supply chain operations management and industrial marketing experience during his 30 year career in the chemical, food, forest, retail, electronics, and transportation industries. Companies he worked for or consulted with include: US Air Force, Colgate-Palmolive, US Borax, Southern Pacific, E&Y, Intel, Samsung, Fritz Co., HP, Georgia Pacific, National Semiconductor, Unisys, IBM, Cisco Systems, and Lucent Technology.
He has numerous published articles and a book titled The Impact of Information Technology on Materials Logistics, in 1994. He has presented at many conferences and seminars and is actively involved with numerous OPSCM professional organizations as a member and/or officer including the Association of Production and Inventory Control Systems (APICS), Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP), and Institute of Supply Management (ISM). He has taught APICS professional certification seminars for local companies including Bio Rad, Genentech, Ghirardelli, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, Form Factor, and Clif Bar. He also teaches professional seminars for the UC Berkeley Extended Education program.
OP 108Supply Chain Logistics
Research Interests & Areas of Specialization
- Evolution of Supply Chain Management Competency and IT Applications
- BS (purchasing, accounting), Bowling Green State University
- MS (logistics management), Air Force institute of Technology
- MBA (marketing), California State University, Hayward
- PhD (logistics information systems), Golden Gate University
Professional & Teaching Experience
- 1999 – Present: Full-time Faculty, Golden Gate University
- 1996 – 1998: Adjunct Faculty Golden Gate University
- 1995 – 2000: Principal Research and Consulting, Chicago Park Research
- 2006 – 2008: Sino-Asian Group (Chinese) seminars with William Wagstaffe
- 2000 – 2007: Distribution Business Management Annual Conferences Tract Chair
- The Impact of Information Technology on Materials Logistics in the 1990’s, Penton Publishing, 1994.
- E-Business Logistics: The Evolving Role of the Total Service Provider, Council of Logistics Management Website, www.cscmp.org, 2001.
- “Reflections on Supply Chain Strategy,” DBM Journal Website, www.decenter.com, vol 7, 2006.
- “An Investigation of the Pace and Determination of Information Technology Use in the Manufacturing Logistics System,” Journal of Business Logistics Website, cscmp.org, Vol. 15 , No. 1, 1994.
- “The Demand Driven Supply Chain at McKesson,” DBM Journal Website, www.decenter.com, 2007.
- Member, Board member of Golden Gate University Chapter, APICS
- Member, Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals
- Member, Institute of Supply Management (ISM)
- Member, Women in Logistics
- Member, Distribution Business Management (DBM)
Honors & Awards
- APICS Volunteer of the Year Award, 2009
- APICS Instructor of the Year Award, 2007