Golden Gate University’s innovative, research-based program is designed to equip financial planners with the tools necessary to become effective change agents for clients. Research in psychology and behavioral finance offers insight in how to facilitate positive change in the lives of clients. This is the new frontier for financial planners.
From financial therapy, to coaching skills, positive psychology, therapeutic interviewing, and behavioral finance, this certificate program provides the knowledge and abilities to apply these powerful insights to work with clients. Students will survey the landscape and meet the innovators who develop the tools and perspectives of financial life planning.
- Become an effective change agent in this growing, well-paid profession.
- Prepare for the CFP®.
- Learn from instructors from powerful Bay Area financial institutions.
- Apply credits towards a Master’s in Financial Planning or an MBA.
- No GRE or GMAT required.
- Applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US institution or the equivalent from a recognized foreign (outside the US) institution, and provide official transcripts.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must meet the English Language Proficiency Admission Requirements.
- Certificate students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- To apply for certificate programs, students should submit an admission application and fee.
Important Note: Graduate certificate admission is limited to domestic students. Students that plan to study on an F or J Visa may apply to graduate programs only.