Program at a Glance
Analytics and Automation for Accountants
Summer ’24 Early Application Deadline
The Graduate Certificate in Analytics and Automation for Accountants is designed for accounting and tax professionals who seek to learn how to use analytics and automation tools which are critical to making tax and accounting functions streamlined, strategic, and effective.
Students will gain key skills utilized in the analysis and communication of tax and accounting data. Students will be exposed to various techniques used to automate business processes and will explore key software products such as Alteryx, Tableau, Salesforce, UiPath, and Netsuite. No prior software or programming experience is required.
- Applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US institution or the equivalent from a recognized foreign (outside the US) institution, and provide official transcripts.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must meet the English Language Proficiency Admission Requirements.
- Certificate students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- To apply for certificate programs, students should submit an admission application and fee.
Important Note: Graduate certificate admission is limited to domestic students. Students that plan to study on an F or J Visa may apply to graduate programs only.
All courses must be completed at Golden Gate University with a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00 (“B” average) or better in courses taken at Golden Gate University that are applicable to the program’s requirements.
Course prerequisites are indicated in the course description for each course and must be satisfied prior to enrolling in a given course. Prerequisites may be satisfied through transfer of equivalent coursework from external institutions or by taking the courses at GGU.
Students who successfully complete this certificate program will be able to:
- Develop effective ways of analyzing tax and accounting data.
- Understand how to organize, manipulate, and extract relevant data in performing an audit, reporting financial transactions, or analyzing the consequences of a tax transaction.
- Design automated processes that revolutionize the role of the tax and accounting professional.
- Develop communication techniques, create visual charts, pictures, and dashboards to communicate financial information.