The Professional Certificate in Business Management will advance participants’ leadership/management skills and general business knowledge. The GGU MBA program demands a substantial long-term commitment of time. This certificate program is designed for individuals seeking business management knowledge who are not yet ready to make a commitment to the full MBA program. Secondarily completion of the certificate would enable students to articulate to the GGU MBA program or to on-campus programs across the globe that accept the credits of the certificate program.
Students who successfully complete this certificate program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a general management “holistic” perspective.
- Demonstrate managerial and leadership skills, such as teamwork, critical thinking and problem solving, communications and presentations, self-awareness
- Master and apply general management analytic processes and tools for decision making.
- Integrate strategic business objectives within competitive industry dynamics.
- Integrate strategic business objectives within the socio-political-economic-ecological-global context.
- Understand functional areas’ impact on business and departmental interaction issues.
- Demonstrate integrated business level planning.
- Demonstrate an understanding and ability to identify the ethical, environmental, and social implications of business issues and formulate appropriate responses.
All courses must be completed at Golden Gate University with a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00 (“B” average) or better in courses taken at Golden Gate University that are applicable to the program’s requirements. See Graduate Student Academic Standing requirements for more information.