Program at a Glance
Spring ’24 Final Application Deadline
The Certificate in Project Management gives professionals highly desirable skills in the field of project management. The courses provide a thorough grounding in multiple project management skills, including budgeting, conflict resolution, communication, project scope, developing and using resources, leadership and team building.
This certificate provides a concentrated course of study for students seeking to build their career in the growing profession of project management. Graduates leave with the following knowledge and skills: beginning and advanced project management technical skills based on the PMBOK® (Project Management Body of Knowledge), Agile management framework and tools, and the complex leadership and organizational skills to manage virtual and in-person project teams. The completion of just one GGU class fulfils PMI®‘s education requirement to apply for either the CAPM® (Certified Associate in Project Management) or PMP® (Project Management Professional) exams. Students will gain knowledge from faculty who are certified by PMI®, and who have significant real-world project management experience. Course materials align with the Project Management Institute A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
- Learn from PMI® certified instructors from some of the Bay Area’s largest companies.
- Gain essential PM skills, including Agile, to build collaboration, inspire action and improve project outcomes.
- Apply credits towards a Master’s in Project Management or an MBA.
- No GRE or GMAT required.
PMI®, PMBOK®, PMP® and CAPM® are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute.
- Applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US institution or the equivalent from a recognized foreign (outside the US) institution, and provide official transcripts.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must meet the English Language Proficiency Admission Requirements.
- Certificate students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- To apply for certificate programs, students should submit an admission application and fee.
Important Note: Graduate certificate admission is limited to domestic students. Students that plan to study on an F or J Visa may apply to graduate programs only.
Course materials align with the Project Management Institute A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
The completion of just one GGU class fulfills PMI®‘s education requirement to apply for either the CAPM® (Certified Associate in Project Management) or PMP® (Project Management Professional) exams.
And one of the following: