Program at a Glance
Leading and Managing through Change and Disruption
Spring ’24 Final Application Deadline
In today’s disruptive, chaotic and constantly changing business environment, leaders and managers in any organization must find a way to not only succeed and survive but to also help their people thrive and stay engaged. Increasingly, employees look to their organizations to help them find value, meaning, and purpose in their work. Moreover, employees look for ways to be innovative and creative in getting work done. Those who lead and manage are in an excellent position to help support employees to be innovative and actually thrive despite ongoing change and disruption both within and beyond their workplaces.
This certificate is designed to help established and aspiring/emerging leaders and managers (talent development, leadership and management pipeline) at all levels in the organization, gain practical and operational insight that can help employees find meaning and value in their work. This certificate is based on the fact that leaders and managers are the key and critical flash points for building and sustaining employee engagement and performance in a constantly changing organizational environment.
Courses are delivered by experienced and knowledgeable professionals and consultants who understand what people need in order to bring their best selves and most valued contribution to their organizations. Our instructors have years of experience working with public and private organizations, local and global NGOs, Nonprofits, and Government Agencies and Departments.
You’ll walk away with:
- The ability to develop and apply social and emotional intelligence in diverse organizational contexts
- Knowledge of the factors and conditions necessary to sustain employee engagement
- Insights about practices that enhance engagement and thriving in organizations
- Familiarity with design thinking principles and their application
- Skills that drive entrepreneurial thinking, innovation, and creativity
- Tools for approaching complex change and evolving outcomes
Add Value to Your Organization
Employees trained to help others thrive amid change will be valuable to employers no matter their position. Coursework that emphasizes innovation and agility will level up your skills and help you remain competitive.
Earn Credits Toward a Degree
If you’re interested in continuing your education, you can apply credits earned in this certificate toward a bachelor’s degree.
- Undergraduate certificate program applicants must submit official transcripts documenting that they have been awarded the equivalent of high school diplomas from approved institutions. Students who have earned 12 semester units or 18 quarter units or more from regionally accredited U.S. institutions must submit complete official transcripts detailing this coursework.
- Certificate students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Official test score reports or other proof of fulfillment of GGU’s English Language Proficiency Admission Requirement are required for all applicants whose native language is not English.
Please note that some courses taken as part of certificate programs will have prerequisites. These prerequisites must be satisfied (through transfer of equivalent coursework or through taking the courses at Golden Gate) before the certificate courses can be completed.