Program at a Glance
Basic Proficiency in Programming with SAS
Spring ’24 Final Application Deadline
As the demand for data analytics skills has increased significantly across all industries, enterprises of all types and sizes need talents that can help them derive value and insights from data.
Numerous reports indicate that data analytics job postings are on the rise, and will continue to increase significantly in the near future. The undergraduate data analytics certificate programs at GGU prepare you for these highly sought-after jobs. By enrolling in any of these certificate programs, you can gain knowledge and skills you need to succeed in this growing field.
You’ll walk away with:
- Knowledge of fundamentals of data analytics
- Basic understanding of descriptive and inferential statistical analysis
- Basic proficiency in data analysis using SAS
Add Value to Your Organization
This certificate will demonstrate that you’ve completed introductory coursework in data analytics and gained proficiency in an advanced statistics package.
Plus, you’ll receive an official certificate that you may use on a resume, job application, or application to transfer to an accredited college or university like GGU.
Gain Long-Term Skills
Data-driven skills are increasingly needed by professionals at all levels working in every industry from retail to manufacturing.
SAS has a large part to play in the future of data analytics. It’s the default platform for clinical research and analysis, and SAS is widely used in the financial, advertising, healthcare, and pharmaceutical industries. If you’re interested in data collection, risk analysis, and statistical analysis of data across industries, SAS is an essential tool that will be valuable throughout your career.
Earn credits toward a degree
After completing the certificate, if you’re interested in continuing your GGU education, you can apply credits earned in this program toward a bachelor’s degree.
- Enrollment as a degree candidate is not required.
- Undergraduate certificate program applicants must submit official transcripts documenting that they have been awarded the equivalent of high school diplomas from approved institutions. Students who have earned 12 semester units or 18 quarter units or more from regionally accredited U.S. institutions must submit complete official transcripts detailing this coursework.
- Certificate students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Official test score reports or other proof of fulfillment of GGU’s English Language Proficiency Admission Requirement are required for all applicants whose native language is not English.
Please note that some courses taken as part of certificate programs will have prerequisites. These prerequisites must be satisfied (through transfer of equivalent coursework or through taking the courses at Golden Gate) before the certificate courses can be completed.
Note: When applicable, proficiency course prerequisites will be waived for certificate-only seeking students by their academic advisors.