Program at a Glance
Spring ’24 Final Application Deadline
This 15-unit graduate accounting foundations certificate is designed to prepare students with fundamental building blocks for accounting and a future in the accounting profession.
Students intending to apply to the Master of Science in Accounting, Data, Analytics (MSADA) program must attain at least a 3.0 “B” grade in these courses, since these courses comprise the MSADA program’s foundation requirement. All course prerequisites must be satisfied.
These courses can be applied to the educational requirements to sit for the CPA or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) examinations.
- Applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US institution or the equivalent from a recognized foreign (outside the US) institution, and provide official transcripts.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must meet the English Language Proficiency Admission Requirements.
- Certificate students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- To apply for certificate programs, students should submit an admission application and fee.
Important Note: Graduate certificate admission is limited to domestic students. Students that plan to study on an F or J Visa may apply to graduate programs only.
Students who successfully complete this certificate program will be able to:
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Employ critical thinking skills and current technologies to analyze financial data, as well as, the effects of differing financial accounting methods on financial statements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current auditing standards and acceptable practices, as well as, the impact of audit planning, risk, and rendering an opinion on the engagement.
- Apply cost accounting methods to evaluate and project business performance.